Azure Data Engineer
£60,000 to £70,000 plus Benefits
Work From Home (WFH)
The Azure Data Engineer role is responsible for the data related implementation tasks of our Analytics software products, collaborating with internal stakeholders to identify and meet data requirements.
The role works in conjunction with the Data team and others to design and implement the management, monitoring, security and privacy of data using the full stack of data services, predominantly in Microsoft Azure.
The role is to be a technical visionary, a passionate individual about standards and performance and a great mentor for those who come after.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons:
- Architect, develop and deploy data architectures in Microsoft Azure
- Design and develop ETL jobs to optimised performance and cost metrics
- Collaborate with the Data team to deploy Analytics products including, where applicable, real-time data enabled applications
- Actively participate in business requirements and functional requirements meetings, identifying gaps and driving discussion around appropriate solutions
- Provide support as needed throughout all testing phases
- Create technical design documentation that clearly articulates the design being implemented
- Stay abreast of changes in the technology industry and ensure that best-in-class techniques are researched, evaluated, and recommended as appropriate, whilst maintaining and communicating a clear understanding of the cost of such approaches
- Effective team player, comfortable working within an Agile team and delivering against multiple concurrent projects
- Process orientated with excellent documentation skills
- Ability to relay complex information simply and adjust style for technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong communication skills with the ability to listen and respond appropriately, clearly getting to the core of messages, both verbally and in writing, adjusting for cultural nuances
- Able to shift gears comfortably in anticipation of change, avoiding complacency, looking for and presenting solutions to build an environment of continuous improvement
- Deep level knowledge and understanding of data engineering ETL tools, data processing and SQL Server Integration Services
- Demonstrable experience of working with Azure data technologies, including Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Blob Storage, Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Bricks and more
- Hands-on programming experience in additional technologies, such as SQL, Python, PowerShell etc.
- Experience of working with Azure DevOps
- Experience of working with Azure Synapse Analytics is an advantage
- Ability to independently troubleshoot and performance tune large scale enterprise systems
- Relevant Azure Data Engineer certification
- Actively embraces continuous professional development in both hard and soft skills
- Collaborative but robust in developing and enforcing procedures and best practices
- Demonstrates a “can do” approach to a wide and rapidly changing workload and the ability to be flexible to meet the needs of the business
- Champions new processes and ensures that a “right first time” mentality is instilled
- Considers impact on wider business when problem solving, searching for mutually advantageous solutions
- Enthusiasm to be part of a growing team
Interested? Send your CV now!
All contact details can be found via the Blues Point website.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com